Picky Flamingo – Weekend Reads (16/06/2018)
Welcome to the latest edition of Picky Flamingo – Money Flamingo’s Weekly Roundup.
Picky Flamingo is a collection of the best financial independence and personal finance articles I’ve come across during the past week. Expect most of the articles to be from Australian contributors, but you will also find some great international content. The articles cover the themes we talk about here at Money Flamingo – investing, financial independence, early retirement, personal finance, frugality, lifestyle, and happiness. Picky Flamingo is published every Saturday morning. If you would like my weekly picks to be delivered to your inbox, make sure to sign up for the newsletter.
Presenting this week’s edition of Picky Flamingo:
- How fuck-over-able are you? The Wanderer from Millennial Revolution has created a formula that tells you how much someone else (like your employer) can screw you over. Totally unscientific but very entertaining (and somewhat true)! In The Fuck-over-ability Index, you can read all about it and calculate your own fuck-over-ability score. Our score is 7 by the way. Not perfect but we are getting there!
- Jim Collins over at jlcollinsnh.com just added another part to his FI-famous stock series: Stocks — Part XXXIII: Optimism. A must-read for all index investors!
- The Frugal Samurai recently overheard a conversation between two young professionals who were discussing their next property purchase. In 4 Things to Consider Before Buying Your “Dream” Home, he tells us everything he wanted to tell them (but didn’t).
- In What Makes A Good Life, Mr. Tako from Mr. Tako Escapes tells us to stop dreaming about “white sand beaches, French cafe’s, and Spanish tapas” if we want to live a satisfying life. Instead, he wants us to focus on what we value most. This article is a nice reminder for what life is really about.
- In Productivity Commission has Cunning Plan for Super, The Slack Investor discusses some of the recommendations of the PC and shares a quick and easy way to check your Super fund’s performance stats.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s selection! See you back here next Saturday! 😊