Picky Flamingo – Weekend Reads (28/07/2018)
Welcome to the latest edition of Picky Flamingo – Money Flamingo’s Weekly Roundup.
Picky Flamingo is a collection of the best financial independence and personal finance articles I’ve come across during the past week. Expect most of the articles to be from Australian contributors, but you will also find some great international content. The articles cover the themes we talk about here at Money Flamingo – investing, financial independence, early retirement, personal finance, frugality, lifestyle, and happiness. Picky Flamingo is published every Saturday morning. If you would like my weekly picks to be delivered to your inbox, make sure to sign up for the newsletter!
Presenting… This week’s edition of Picky Flamingo:
- Let the Robots Have Our Crappy Jobs by Abandoned Cubicle: “Stop worrying about losing our soul-sucking cubicle jobs. Embrace the robot revolution. Let the machines do the crappy work. And open our eyes to all the other opportunities in our best-designed life.”
- The Twenty Dollar Swim by Mr. Money Mustache: How much do those luxury purchases really cost? MMM runs the numbers for us. Even though we all know we all know where he is going with this, I was surprised by some of the results.
- FIRE and F.I.R.E. by Tawcan: Confused about the RE part of FIRE? Read this post!
- The 19-year-old Aussie woman on track to retire at just 40 (published by Money Magazine): It’s great to see that financial independence is continuing to catch on!
- Bitch, Please! 9 Times I’ve Been A Dumb White Girl With Money by The Flawed Consumer: A light read to finish off this week’s list. Is your past (or present?) self guilty of any of these spending slip-ups?
Your Weekly Dose of Mustachian Wisdom!
Every edition of Picky Flamingo includes one MMM article so that everyone can enjoy a healthy dose of Mustachianism to start the weekend! 😊
I’ve got a treat for you. Since MMM’s latest post is included in this week’s blog selection, I thought it is time for something different. This week’s mustachian pick is not a post, it’s a video podcast!
Here is Y Combinator‘s awesome interview with Pete:
I hope you enjoyed this week’s selection! See you back here next Saturday! 😊